Sunday 12 September 2010

The Formular 1 Mess

I’m a great fan of Formula 1. But can anyone tell me why they have to go and spoil it.
You get one team that gets penalised for some offence or other and another team with Pots of money get a piddling little fine and walk away with a grin on their faces.
The case in question being Ferraris last race at Germany, they blatantly tell one driver Felipe Massa to pull over and let Fernando Alonso overtake so that he would gain the extra points. This team seems to get away with everything.
I always thought that winning was about racing one against the other and the best drive wins.
But not now it seems. How anybody can take credit or have the nerve to stand on a podium for being allowed to win I’ll never know.
Shouldn’t somebody explain to them that to rejoice in winning you have to pit yourself against the others, otherwise why not just toss a coin and decide who wins,
Don’t get me wrong, I think Fernando Alonso is a great driver so why would he want to win by another driver letting him. Surly even he can see theirs no pride in it.
To be a real champion you have to achieved this on your own performance not on the back of others.
Are they frightened that Ferrari would pull out if they do not get their own way.
Maybe this would be a good thing, I would be sorry to see them go but I’m sure F1 would survive without them


No comments:

Post a Comment