Friday 20 August 2010

Traffic Wardens

Don’t you just love them, I’ve never been able to work them out.The busiest road in the town, a couple of cars parked, both on the yellow lines, and the warden looks at them and walks on past.
Another time, a  ferocious looking female traffic warden slaps a ticket on one poor woman’s car and because when after buying the ticket and closing the door, the draught blew her ticket off of the dash board and onto the floor, even after explaining what had happened, and my wife confirming it, this yellow peril still issued the ticket, you couldn’t make it up!.
Another time in a large car park on our beach, one poor man and his wife parked the car, the nearest machine is the other end of the car park, which I must say is quite large.
He and his wife go off to get the ticket, guess what, when they get back to the car, hey presto,  you’ve guessed it! they have been booked.
Would the traffic warden listen to there explanation, nope! He had issued the ticket, and if you did not like it. appeal!
You read about some of these idiots slapping a ticket on a hearse, even the mayors car parked outside the town hall.
I’m waiting to hear of one booking a road sweepers cart because it’s on the yellow lines, I’m sure it’s going to happen sooner or later.
It honestly makes you wonder where their brains are.
To be fair, there are some decent ones, like when the wife and I went into town and I parked in a bay by the meter, I was just getting the ticket when this warden called out, he had seen me getting out of the car, I suffer with bad hips, he came across and said, “you should not be having to buy a ticket, with your disability you should have a blue badge” that warden was the most considerate I have come across.
If they were all like that, wouldn’t it make them more bearable.


No comments:

Post a Comment